By Jordan Grimes and Pulse Staff
University of Findlay track team member Simone Green is a junior Business Administration Major with an emphasis in marketing and she holds a long list of accolades from her time at UF. In the 2021-22 season UF Athletics reports Green has won a number of awards.
- All-region by the USTFCCCA during both the indoor and outdoor campaigns.
- First team all-conference during both the indoor and outdoor seasons.
- G-MAC Athlete of the Meet Honors during the indoor season.
- Triple jump record holder for both the indoor and outdoor programs records
- Conference title winner in both the long jump and triple jump at the outdoor championship.
- Conference title winner in both the long jump and triple jump at the indoor championship.
- Division II All-Academic Team by the U.S. Track & Field and Cross-Country Coaches Association (USTFCCCA).
She has more things she wants to accomplish this year.
“My biggest goal is to go to nationals in indoor and outdoor again place in the top eight,” Green said. “Typically the last couple seasons I’ve always hit the national mark to be ranked but I’ve only hit the mark to go twice, and that was this past indoor with long jump and triple jump.”
Green says she works to be in a good mood before a meet.
“If I’m not happy and not enjoying myself then I’m not in a good mood,” Green said. “So I must be dancing around listening to my music. There’s always some Megan Thee Stallion in there. And it really depends on the day, anything that’s upbeat and makes you feel on top of the world. That kind of energy.”
Green says she tries to apply her work ethic in all aspects of her life.
“I think when you are good at something it runs over to everything else you do. You have those expectations for yourself, and you don’t want to be below that bar, so it kind of like excellence in everything,” Green said. “As opposed to like I’m just going to be good at track or I’m just going to be good at football, and then I’m going to let my grades slip and not care about anything else.”
Green says she likes to go back to her high school and visit her old track team.
“I want to show them you can go to college at any level and do well, that is doesn’t have to be D1,” Green said.
You can hear more from Green on Jordan Grimes’ “The Spotlight” podcast.