This week was the start of the spring 2020 semester and with that comes the stress of classes and grades. The Pulse is here to put some of your stress at ease by giving you some tips on how to be successful this semester.
- Stay organized – Planners can help you keep track of your classes, assignments and extracurricular activities. You can pick up a planner at the Help Desk in the AMU if you do not have one of your own
- The key to understanding the information from your classes is to take good notes. It might also help to use different colors of pens or highlighters to emphasize important information.
- If you are struggling in class or with assignments, you can always schedule an appointment with the Academic Support Center. The Academic Support Center provides free services such as one-on-one and group tutoring, the writing center, and study strategy counseling. They are open Monday through Friday and are also available through email.
- Get involved in campus activities and find “your” group of people. Being surrounded by like-minded people can help your transition into the next semester.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help if you are struggling physically or mentally. The University of Findlay has Counseling Services and The Cosiano Health Center. According to The University of Findlay’s website, the Counseling Services are, “committed to helping students cope with personal problems that could impede successful academic performance. At The University of Findlay Counseling Services, we offer quality personal counseling with the “Oiler” touch”. The Cosiano Health Center is staffed daily by registered nurses and a physician. You do not need an appointment to see a registered nurse.
These are the top 5 tips that The Pulse wants you to remember as you go into this next semester and most importantly always reach out when you need help.